It has been longer than I would have liked to get another post up. The last few days at work were a bit of a mad house. As a little recap, I put in my notice of resgination in December based on feedback from our Pay and Benefits person (at the time). My supervisor needed to accept it - which was done via email. Here is a bit of advice if you do not already do this, start a file either electronically or hard copy - both would also be good.
So the Monday before my retirement day of Wednesday I phone Pay and Benefits just to remind them that I was leaving on the 27th. I had sent a note around the 11th of the month to which I never received a reply.The note outlined that I would be leaving the country on the 29th and I was wondering if there was someway to get that final letter prior to then. After all, they knew how many years I had in, they knew what my wages were - how hard could it be to calculate serverence?
The women on the other end seemed surprised and immediately asked me if I had phoned the 1-800 number. "Yes." I replied., "a couple of months ago. All the forms are there and I did a file review on the 15th while waiting for you to call me back. The only thing missing is the form from PC." She assures me that she will back to me in a half an hour. Wednesday I call her back - she informs me that she is not the one to talk to, another women was in charge of my file. Hmm. I get her number, apparently they do not know how to transfer the phone. The new person - is not a happy person. Nothing can possibly be done for at least two weeks. I don't get it. Nothing can happen until the day after my last day and she will be on holidays. She will send something to my personal email and will allow me to fax it back. The original will still need to be mailed. That is the best she can do, after all it wasn't her decision to go on a holiday the day after retirement.
Well it was ours, and we are having a great time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment